My name is Aristides Zenonos and I am a Ph.D. educated Data Scientist with six years of experience in Python and time-series analysis. Moreover, I have worked on supervised and unsupervised machine learning problems. I am skilled in R/Shiny, scientific coding and research with a strong computational and scientific background from top tier universities.
Background & Expertise
DATA SCIENTIST, EBIQUITY, LONDON, UK
Jan 2021 - Present
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data using Python, R (tidyverse), SQL.
- Deployed model results on dashboards using Shiny Web Apps.
MACHINE LEARNING RESEARCHER, UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
Sep 2020 - Dec 2020
- Developed and validated clustering algorithms to improve 5G network operation in hot spot areas.
DATA SCIENTIST, FREELANCER
Sep 2019 - Jan 2020
- Used state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and techniques for time-series forecasting (e.g. Pandas, Sklearn, Keras, ARIMA).
- Involved in all the stages of data analysis (Data collection, Exploratory Data Analysis, Feature Selection/Extraction, Machine Learning).
GEOPHYSICIST AT CYPRUS HYDROCARBONS COMPANY, CYPRUS
Jul 2019 - Aug 2019
- Employed signal processing techniques (FFT, convolution) using python for multiple prediction
- Broaden seismic processing techniques, worked on industry's leading software (Reveal, Rokdoc) and introduced to HSE, Up-stream/Mid-stream and LNG markets
VISITING RESEARCHER, JOHANNES GUTENBERG UNIVERSITY MAINZ, GERMANY
May 2019 - May 2019
- Installed Fast Marching Tomography (FMTOMO) software package on department's cluster computer
- Presented my study on "P and S wave travel time tomography of the SE Asia-Australia collision zone"
RESEARCH GEOPHYSICIST, TOTAL, ABERDEEN, UK
Mar 2017 - Jul 2017
Topic: Time-shifts vs. Offset and offset-dependent dilation factors
The aim of the project was to analyse the importance of time-shifts vs. Offset. In addition, this will enable the various dilation factor models (R - Factors), which link to geomechanics, to be evaluated.
- Construct a 2D model of the subsurface of the field.
- Perform a ray tracing seismic modelling both for base and monitor surveys.
- Invert for modelled time-shifts using post-stack approach.
- Apply the various dilation factor models
- Link the results of the process performed in number 2-3 with the geomechanical simulation results.
- Calculate 4D time-shifts both with the modelled and real data.
DJANGO WEB DEVELOPER, UCL - SEISMOLAB, LONDON, UK
May 2015 - Sep 2015
Topic: Website for SGLOBE rani model based on Django Framework
The aims and goals of the project were set using the requirements as stated by the client.
- Perform a background research in seismic tomography and other websites for promoting
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of PHP and Django for creating a
- Develop MATLAB scripts to produce quantitative comparisons between models.
- Learn Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) to produce PostScript tomographic images.
of the website.
- Learn Python, Django and MySQL to create a website serving the needs of the
- Engage with Linux and C shell commands to use GMT and Django.
- Explore the options on Amazon Web Services to deploy the website.
- Visualise and analyse the SGLOBE-rani model.
- Generate regional and global tomographic images using GMT in real-time.
- Provide information about data, method and references of the SGLOBE-rani model.
- Deliver a website ready to be published.
- Present the results of the SGLOBE-rani model.
ANDROID SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, NICOSIA, CYPRUS
Jul 2014 - Aug 2014
- Introduced to java and android application development by working as a part of a group to implement an android application called Social Activities.
ASSISTANT AUDITOR, ANDERSEN BUSINESS AUDIT SERVICES LTD, LIMASSOL, CYPRUS
Jul 2013 - Aug 2013
- Enhanced accounting knowledge and techniques (vouching) by participating in the auditing of real firms.
- Realisation of the importance of auditing for the presentation of true and fair view of financial statements.
SECOND LIEUTENANT, NATIONAL GUARD OF CYPRUS, CYPRUS
Jul 2009 - Jul 2011
- Developed leadership, supervisory skills, independency, confidence and self-discipline by training a corporal’s guard during military exercises.
- Realisation of the responsibility of authority especially during conditions of pressure.
What I’ve Learned
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN GEOPHYSICS, UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN
October 2015 - September 2020
MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
September 2014 - September 2015
BSC PHYSICS, UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER
September 2011 - June 2014